Welcome to Lisanne Wellness Center Education Series, today we are comparing best diets for managing blood sugar levels, PCOS and Insulin Resistance.
3 Tips to Boost Fiber and Lower Insulin Resistance.
When you are working to overcome insulin resistance, fiber can be a powerful supplement for you to use. Fiber sends signals to your liver to produce less glucose. This decreases your need to produce more insulin, helping your body to increase sensitivity to insulin over time.
We have compiled 3 of our best tips to help you increase your fiber intake so that you can reap the benefits of this simple yet powerful food.
1. Focus on consuming insoluble fiber. High insoluble fiber intake has been shown to decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by up to 30%. This is because insoluble fiber does not signal the body to release as much insulin and it helps to slow carbohydrate digestion, reducing blood glucose spikes. Sources of insoluble fiber include:
- Whole grain products that include the bran such as brown rice, whole wheat, barley, and whole oats.
- Ground psyllium
- Vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, beets, green beans, and brussels sprouts.
2. Add soluble fiber. Soluble fibers create a gel in the stomach and intestines, creating a sense of fullness. This helps to decrease appetite, lowers carbohydrate intake, and helps to lower insulin resistance. Soluble fiber is a prebiotic that feeds gut bacteria, resulting in a healthy microbiome and a stronger immune system. Sources of soluble fiber include:
- Apples with skin
- Potatoes with skin
3. Take a complete fiber supplement. Even the best diet can be deficient in fiber because it is hard to eat enough high-fiber foods every day. Additionally, some foods that contain soluble fiber are not compatible with a low-sugar diet. Therapeutic fiber supplementation is a powerful strategy for increasing fiber intake to reduce blood glucose and insulin resistance.
- Lowsitol is a powerful supplement with fiber. Lowsitol combines psyllium fiber along with other glucose-balancing ingredients and micronutrients. The 10 ingredients in Lowsitol have been studied for their effectiveness in balancing blood glucose, lowering insulin resistance, and increasing fat metabolism.