Acupuncture is a key component to our mind body wellness programs. Research shows benefits including; balancing hormones, regulating the menstrual cycle, supporting ovulation, increasing chances of implantation, improving sperm and egg quality. Acupuncture restores healthy flow to the meridians in the body by inserting small needles. It relaxes and restores balance to the autonomic nervous system, which has shown to increase receptivity for the embryo. A recent study in the British Medical Journal revealed that women undergoing in-vitro fertilization treatments were 65% more likely to conceive when they used acupuncture in conjunction with their western medical treatment.1 In addition, Acupuncture is known to help egg quality, poor responders, uterine lining, and implantation.2, 3
1 Manheimer, Eric, Grant Zhang, Laurence Udoff, Aviad Haramati, Patricia Langenberg, Brian M. Berman, and Lex M. Bouter. “Effects of acupuncture on rates of pregnancy and live birth among women undergoing in vitro fertilization: systematic review and meta-analysis.” British Medical Journal (2008). BMJ medical publications of the year. 7 Feb. 2008. 9 Apr. 2009 – http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/bmj.39471.430451.BEv1. 2 http://188.8.131.52/~lisannewellness/2016/12/01/reduction-of-blood-flow-impedance-in-the-uterine-arteries-of-infertile-women-with-electro-acupuncture/ – 3 http://184.108.40.206/~lisannewellness/2016/12/01/reduction-of-blood-flow-impedance-in-the-uterine-arteries-of-infertile-women-with-electro-acupuncture/
Why should I Consider Fertility Acupuncture?
- Improves hormone balance and ovulation
- Improves pregnancy rate in patients undergoing in-vitro fertilization (IVF), by increasing blood flow to the uterus (studies have shown that acupuncture performed before and after embryo transfer improves pregnancy rates by 50-65%.
- Enhances fertility
- Treats certain underlying causes of miscarriages
- Increases libido
- Regulates the menstrual cycle
- Promotes ovulation
- Improves the quality of eggs in women
- Increases low sperm counts and improve the quality of sperm
- Acupuncture has been shown to improve blood supply to the ovaries, which improves their function, and the uterus, which can make it easier to nourish a fetus and reduce the risk of miscarriage.